4 Jun 14

The poisonous Draakflor (bottom) is named for its resemblance to the forest dragons that also inhabit the region. The almost invisible thorns are carefully harvested and used for medicinal purposes. If handled incorrectly, it has been known to cause paralysis and even death, and should never be ingested.

The young Draakflor (top), before it has reached full bloom and color is non-poisonous and often prized for use in floral arrangements due to its translucent petals.

6-3-a

6-4-b

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *